Episode 000: About the Economic Rockstar Podcast
Economic Rockstar is created for you, the economist, financial analyst, teacher or student. If you are looking to expand your knowledge or awareness, Frank Conway delivers the information you just don’t want to miss. Economic Rockstar brings to you each week an economist, financial analyst or business leader who shares their experiences, research interests or ideas. Hear their views on different schools of economic thinking – Chicago, Austrian, Keynesian and Classical, behavioral economics, stock markets, and how economics and finance can be used in our lives. Economic Rockstar interviews top-level lecturers and academics from highly renowned universities, best-selling authors and bloggers, inspirational CEOs and business leaders, as well as amazing and thought-provoking people who have recently discovered economics and finance and are carving out a career in their new-found passion. Guests in each episode gives us wonderful advice, takeaways and insights that will help you become part of the Economic Rockstar community that will be ‘Connecting Brilliant Minds in Economics and Finance’.
Why an Economics Podcast?
My name is Frank Conway and I’ve noticed a huge transitional shift in the way education is being delivered, supported by the technological advancements being made. These advancement are breaking down the barriers that once prevented many people from accessing a basic right – technology has removed geographic, demographic, cultural and wealth-related barriers, allowing a surge in the acquisition of of knowledge and education. This can be witnessed by the many excellent online educational resources such as Massive Open Online Courses or MOOCs.
The way we are sourcing this information is rapidly changing too and there is a desire for many of us to listen or watch on-the-go:
- online video-sharing tools
These mediums are experiencing a phenomenal increase in usage. So, the demand is there and, just like a true economist, this demand must be met with supply! I want to supply this information to you to embrace the changes in the habits and preferences for people like you who are hungry for knowledge and information on multiple platforms.
Mission Statement of Economic Rockstar
‘Economic Rockstar is built on the foundation that education, including self-education, is key to unlocking your minds potential’
My passion is to help you along this journey of knowledge obtainment and learning and, again, I quote Mark Twain to emphasise my mission statement:
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing you can do is keep your mind young”
Who Will Feature on the Economic Rockstar Podcast?
- Teachers, Lecturers and Academics
- Financial Analysts
- Inspirational Business Leaders and CEOs
About the Economic Rockstar Logo
After a few iterations, I finally settled on a great logo with a fellow podcaster stating “I’ve instantly developed a picture about what this podcast is going to be about!”.
- ‘Economic Rockstar’ represents the fantastic guest that will feature on each episode who are doing wonderful and amazing things in the field of economics. Economics is a social science and can be found in all aspects of our lives. The concepts, principles and practice of economics can be found in financial markets, business and our livelihoods.
- The singular, rather than the plural, in ‘Rockstar’ is for the aesthetics, as well as it reflecting the 1 person I’ll be interviewing on each episode. Both words, ‘Economic’ and ‘Rockstar’ have 8 letters in each, allowing it to fit neatly within the circle. Also, ‘Rockstar’ begins and ends in the same letter.
- The circle is symbolic in terms of the constant and the forever inter-connectivity of which it represents. In the case of Economic Rockstar, it represents the connections our guests have with one another and with you, with each one of us being connected by economics.
- The red graphical line has a double entendre. It represents the amazing information being shared by our guests, which is passing from one part of your headphones to the other . It also pays homage to the stock market, reflecting a similar pattern to the S&P500 since 1998.
About the Economic Rockstar Tagline
The Economic Rockstar tagline embraces the common connectivity that we all share in our love and interest in all things economics. It is built upon the mission statement outlined above, which embraces the ideas and thoughts of Mark Twain, Seth Godin and Peter Drucker.
We have entered the initial phase of a great Connection Economy, which “builds on who you know, what you know and how that knowledge influences your connections” Seth Godin
“The basic economic resource – the means of production – is no longer capital, nor natural resources, nor labor. It is and will be knowledge”
Economic Rockstar Blog
The blog posts found on this site embrace some of the themes discussed or mentioned by our guest in each podcast. Some posts will also reflect and summarise the webinars that I hold quite regularly. If you are interested in finding out more about my webinars, please contact me below in the comments section, like my Facebook page or sign up through the pop-up box that appears on this site (f you haven’t done so already).