Episode 002: Jason Stapleton on Trader Psychology and Why You Shouldn’t Listen to Financial News
In this second part of the Economic Rockstar interview with Jason Stapleton, Jason shares with us some thoughts on trader psychology:
- his thoughts on Richard Dennis’ Turtle Trader Program
- why you shouldn’t trade and instead give your money to somebody else to manage.
- noise that exists in the financial markets and what to do about it.
- why you shouldn’t listen to financial news and what you can do instead to gain a competitive edge.
- herding behaviors and trader psychology in markets.
- why the markets are not fundamentally driven and what drives the markets instead.
- why he believes that there is an inherent beauty in price patterns.
- his thoughts on Fibonacci trading.
- how being in the Marine Corp provided the discipline required to survive in the markets.
- Some recommended books, such as Market Wizards by Jack Schwager.
You can check out and listen to the first part of this great interview with Jason Stapleton here.
About Jason Stapleton
Jason Stapleton is one of the founders of Trade Empowered and a managing partner of Harborsite Capital. Jason’s heavy focus on trader psychology, along with his in-depth knowledge of advanced technical analysis, gives him the unique opportunity to work with traders of all skills and levels, helping them to achieve a higher level of success and understanding in the foreign exchange market.
- Trade What You See: How To Profit From Pattern Recognition by Larry Pesavento
- Harmonic Trading, Volume One: Profiting from the Natural Order of the Financial Markets by Scott M. Carney
- Harmonic Trading, Volume Two: Advanced Strategies for Profiting from the Natural Order of the Financial Markets by Scott M. Carney
- Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications by John J. Murphy
- Market Wizards by Jack Schwager
- One Good Trade by Mike Bellafiore