085: Michael Roberts on Understanding Karl Marx and His Thinking on Capitalism
Michael Roberts has worked as an economist for over 30 years in the City of London. He is author of The Great Recession: Profit cycles, economic crisis A Marxist View and The Long Depression: Marxism and the Global Crisis of Capitalism.
In this episode, Michael mentions: Marxism, capitalism, Austrian economics, GDP, multinationals, inflation, printing of money, booms, busts, profitability, recession, depression, inequality, wealth, means of production, private property, competition, externalities, unintended consequences, bailout, austerity and unemployment.
In this episode, Michael mentions: Karl Marx, Friedrich Hayek, Adam Smith, John Maynard Keynes, Brad DeLong and Paul Mattick.
- www.thenextrecession.wordpress.com by Michael Roberts
- The Great Recession: Profit cycles, economic crisis A Marxist View by Michael Roberts
- The Long Depression: Marxism and the Global Crisis of Capitalism by Michael Roberts
- The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels
- Capital by Karl Marx
- Business As Usual by Paul Mattick
- Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett