063: Todd Tressider on Financial Freedom and the 7 Steps to 7 Figures
As a serial entrepreneur since childhood, Todd built many businesses and retired at age 35 from his position as a Hedge Fund Investment Manager responsible for a 20+ million dollar portfolio.
Todd raised his net worth from less than zero at age 23 to self-made millionaire 12 years later by using the same personal finance and investment strategies taught on this website.
Todd is an early pioneer and expert in statistical and mathematical risk management systems for investing and became financially independent from age 35 through investing – not marketing.
Todd has a B.A. in Economics from University of California.
In this Episode you will learn:
- about the questions Todd raised as an undergrad on the application of statistical techniques in the financial markets.
- about the importance of financial literacy.
- about the impending bond market bubble.
- why habits are necessary when starting out on a financial plan.
- about the 7 steps to 7 figures.
- why financial freedom was more about personal freedom than for wealth accumulation.
- about the contradictions between the principles that led to his own financial success and what is commonly taught and practiced.
- about the unique educational system that Todd developed for wealth building and how to achieve it.
- about the inner transformation that Todd experienced during his path to financial freedom.
- how Todd made his money investing in publicly traded markets, particularly in futures.
- Cory Rudell: remembercorey.com
- In Search of Excellence by Thomas Peters and Robert Waterman
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
- Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications by John Murphy